<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13148410\x26blogName\x3dYou+Look+Like+I+Need+a+Drink\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://chalkline.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://chalkline.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6309081622733023818', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

You Look Like I Need a Drink

**Not Quite Web 2.0**

Almost Vegas (a reunion, a vacation and defcon)

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Turning down a trip to Vegas three times (for 3 separate reasons) was not an easy task. The first trip however, was a no brainer.

Invite #1: A 10 year high school reunion didn't top my list of things I needed to attend and albeit fun as it may seem, it more or less came across to me like some long-winded gathering after a family related funeral where everyone spends time because of some secret obligation more than something anyone would do on a regular basis. So I opted out.

Invite #2: My buddy kpR is going to Vegas at the end of May with some people I knew from my college days and although he would originally be there for some software tradeshow, he would have the weekend to kick back and whore it up. This was a little more hard to turn down as I think the last time I kicked it with him was over 2 years ago. Financial obligations aside, the time just would not work.

Invite 3: I am amidst trading some music with a friend who I just recently found out works for Defcon and BlackHat (killer combo there?) and was invited to make it down to Vegas in August for Defcon 14 (and would love to go) but once again gritted my teeth and had to opt out. I am however planning to make it to Defcon next year so I will attempt to round up more geeks who are interested. Karma had better serve me something good soon or I just might swallow the entire contents of the tasty looking Drano liquid sitting on my dust covered bathroom floor.

Labels:

posted by aL, 10:20 PM

7 Comments:

you're damn right about that Karma thing (but maybe you shouldn't have mentioned it?)! however, all valid reasons for avoiding satan-central...we should go sometime, along with the rest of BV!
commented by Anonymous K, 10:51 PM  
If you go to defcon next year, I am so coming along.
commented by Anonymous Nik, 9:35 PM  
dude, plan on it.
commented by Anonymous aL, 10:00 PM  
You remember how we were supposed to go to Vegas over Spring Break and come back married?


What happened to the Jameson?
commented by Anonymous LiZ, 9:28 AM  
yeah i remember. WTF ever happened? and I have no clue about the Jameson. Macy?
commented by Anonymous aL, 9:53 PM  
Must be Macy and Mom....hanging out in my room, drinking in the day-out of the same dixie cup.
commented by Anonymous LiZ, 8:33 AM  
Thanks for sharing this read. In travel, consolidation is happening in a right way. More and more portals are giving the right inventory to end users to reserve better deals.

http://www.provab.com/travel-software.html
commented by Anonymous B2B Travel Software, 4:17 AM  

Add a comment