<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13148410\x26blogName\x3dYou+Look+Like+I+Need+a+Drink\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://chalkline.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://chalkline.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6309081622733023818', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

You Look Like I Need a Drink

**Not Quite Web 2.0**

Pirate Radio (not mine)

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My commute from Virginia through DC and to Maryland has few perks. Four years ago, when FM transmitters were just starting to saturate the market, I could pick a random station, plug a FM trasmitter into an MP3 Player (Nomad Jukebox at the time) and have my portable music with me at all times. Times sure have changed and now when I use my 3rd Gen iPod with iTrip left at the default 87.9 frequency, I will occasionally pick up other people's transmitted tunes clashing violently with my own. That comes with the territory. Yes, I have read numerous accounts of 'hacking your iTrip,' but that frequency clashing is not all the frequent (until now). I have found a steady pirate radio station on 87.9 in-bewteen the underpass tunnels from 395 to New York Avenue. In this section, my iTrip gets pwned and I am forced to listen to mindless drivel for about 3 minutes. Griping aside, I guess I could sit here and complain or do something about it.

Labels:

posted by aL, 8:50 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment