<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13148410\x26blogName\x3dYou+Look+Like+I+Need+a+Drink\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://chalkline.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://chalkline.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6309081622733023818', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

You Look Like I Need a Drink

**Not Quite Web 2.0**

PixOMFG (pixoh review)

Saturday, March 11, 2006

I may very well be spoiled being an avid Photoshop CS2 user, and the thought of editing pictures online on a box other than my own (that doesn't have Photoshop) intrigued me. When I came across Pixoh, I decided I had to give it a try being that I might have the urge to moblog and not have access to a photo editor and panic like a pedophile at an all girl's teen sex recovery meeting. What I immediately liked was the function to go directly to a picture via URL or by uploading a picture from a hard drive. I graced my stored pictures and decided that a picture of some friends (Mike and Liz) would be appropriate to edit as size, cropping and lighting were rather shitty. I uploaded the picture and pixoh responded with a minor lag time.

Cropping the picture was easy as a basic frame was dragged around the screen. Everything outside of the lighted box was cropped and I was ready to move onto resizing.

Resizing was also a drag function which seemed to distort my picture terribly. Reading the note on the editor, I was told that a simple 'holding the shift key' function would resize my picture without the distortion. That was a no go so I left it at the regular unedited size. However, when it was time to save the picture, I was offered more formats than expected. I had still wanted to work with shading, color contrasts and a few other things but that was not available.

Here is the final picture. Not great but hopefully the people at pixoh will address these shortcomings and more features will be added in the future.

Labels:

posted by aL, 11:28 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment