<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13148410\x26blogName\x3dYou+Look+Like+I+Need+a+Drink\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://chalkline.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://chalkline.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6309081622733023818', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

You Look Like I Need a Drink

**Not Quite Web 2.0**

qliner Hotkeys...BAM!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Hotkeys are a must for those lazy bastards who claim to be more 'efficient' but really just want a nifty way of opening up an application that takes 1 click of the mouse (or keyboard) instead 2 or 3. Up until now, I have not installed third party software for hotkeys but when qliner hotkeys came up, I just had to give it a try. qliner claims that after installation, you merely have to hold down the Windows logo key on your keyboard for 5 seconds and then drag and drop applications onto your keyboard. Then when you want to open up an application, instead of digging through mounds of folders, you simply hold down the Windows key and the assigned key and BAM!, your selected application is open. Sounds pretty easy right? I decided to see if it was really that simple.

After installation, I began to find random applications on my desktop and dragged and dropped them to selected keys. It all went easy enough but I did notice that the drag and drop keyboard on the monitor was not adjustable or moveable which meant that if the virtual keyboard were covering a application shortcut, then I would have to move it out of the way first in order to find it after to place on hotkeys. Other than that, setup was a snap. I don't have too many applications on my desktop so I have a screenshot of some of the boring apps (the good ones are on my dead laptop) on my desktop. Also, I had the brilliant idea of combining hotkeys with NetJaxer so I could have hotkeys for the multitude of websites I visit but that was a no go. It will require some work so I am looking into that. All in all, qliner hotkeys gets a recommended from me.

Labels:

posted by aL, 9:50 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment