<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13148410\x26blogName\x3dYou+Look+Like+I+Need+a+Drink\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://chalkline.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://chalkline.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6309081622733023818', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

You Look Like I Need a Drink

**Not Quite Web 2.0**

NetJaxer

Sunday, February 26, 2006

A few days ago, I read an interesting aricle at Lifehacker on writing batch files for web to desktop icons. This sounded quite intriguing so I was just starting to roll up my sleeves and see what I would choose as icons for sites on my quicklaunch or desktop, when I came across NetJaxer. Then I decided to be lazy and save batch file programming for a rainy day. This screenshot above is the result of 5 minutes of work with NetJaxer. Before I get any further, for those not quite sure what NetJaxer is, let me give you a quick walkthrough.


After firing up the small application, we are given options to select favorite and often visited websites. Simply enter in the correct website an title and then you can choose an icon. If your site has a custom icon in the address bar (right before http://) you can use NetJaxer's little 'download site icon' and it will pull up the favicon as your designated icon. Then simply choose if you want it on your Start menu, quicklaunch, desktop or even to run at startup.

After fiddling around with Netjaxer for a few minutes, I was quite annoyed that I overlooked the option to choose my system set browser (Firefox) and initially chose the default NetJaxer browser. So I went back and changed the options to open my icons to the selected websites in Firefox.

So far, NetJaxer has been running like a champ, allowing me to open my browser up to the desired site with one click AND saved me from batch file programming. Sound like an informercial? Hey, it's also free.

Labels:

posted by aL, 8:37 PM

1 Comments:

Thanks for the nice information.This will help a lot of users. iPad Application Development
commented by Anonymous iPad Game Development, 9:19 AM  

Add a comment