<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13148410\x26blogName\x3dYou+Look+Like+I+Need+a+Drink\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://chalkline.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://chalkline.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6309081622733023818', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

You Look Like I Need a Drink

**Not Quite Web 2.0**

Robot Obsession...

Thursday, September 15, 2005


What is it with mankind's obsession with creating robots to do our bidding? I have to say that ever since I was a young lad, the Transformers show took me to a wonderful place in my imagination that one day, I too would be able to create an evil robot to do my immature deeds. Now that I am much older, I still secretly harbor these once delusional fantasies. The only difference is that now technology is moving toward actual robots. Have you seen Sony's QRIO? Shit, still not convinced? What about Honda's ASIMO? Granted, the technology still needs some fixing, upgrades and a market before they become mainstream but the time is not too far off. Now what about robots to help us with utilities? The picture here is the world's largest digging machine (I think it has a dock for the Millenium Falcon).



Now this fascinating article from Nation Geographic describes how the scientists at Cornell University have created a self reproducing robot. I don't have the time to get into nano-technology but combine that with a self reproducing robot and you have yourself some instant military funding.
I really have to get going. Guess I will grab the laptop, iPod, palm pilot, digital camera, and cell phone until I can get a snazzy robot butler or maybe sexy robo-maid to grab my gadgets for me.

Labels:

posted by aL, 3:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment