<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13148410\x26blogName\x3dYou+Look+Like+I+Need+a+Drink\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://chalkline.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://chalkline.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6309081622733023818', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

You Look Like I Need a Drink

**Not Quite Web 2.0**

Fall House of the Auditor

Friday, August 26, 2005


I love that Fall is sweeping through DC like some strange weather related plague. I am once again able to comfortably wear my work clothes which consists of slacks, a longsleeved collared shirt and tie, without having to worry about sweat stains and all that wonderful shit. Speaking of work, I had to spend my whole morning in Annapolis conducting audits, which is part of my job but in no way encompasses my whole job description. Anyhow, in the few hours driving around Annapolis, I was asked by 3 different people for directions. What the fuck do I look like? I guess I look like I know where I am going (to hell). So I came up with an idea that I thought would be pretty funny, although not as profitable as some of my other odd ideas.

So I should get dressed up in my nicest work clothes, down to the watch that screams 'bling,' pack my laptop (probably the Thinkpad because it is nicer than my Toshiba), and Metro it into DC. Outside let's say Metro Center Station (high volume of traffic), I will have to open my laptop and make sure I can find a WiFi access point (isn't hard in DC, there are a ton of access points). Then I will post my sign that reads "Directions, 50 Cents!!!" Then when lost people see me (and they will because of my big bill board), I can hop online, Google Map it or Mapquest the directions. Now, that would be something constructive I could spend my time doing instead of audits. And I might even have the opportunity to make 50 Cents.

Labels:

posted by aL, 12:54 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment