<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13148410\x26blogName\x3dYou+Look+Like+I+Need+a+Drink\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://chalkline.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://chalkline.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6309081622733023818', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

You Look Like I Need a Drink

**Not Quite Web 2.0**

DIY Car Freshner Part II

Monday, August 15, 2005

On my way to work at 2AM (with my car already filled with the aroma of coffee beans), I was musing about random things. The air conditioner was going and I was listening to the twit podcast. Now I don't normally need to use the air conditioner at 2AM but because the weather has been so damn relentless lately, I am forced to do so. Then the idea came to me. Instead of my ugly old baby jar coffee scented air freshner, what about hacking open one of those racer style air fresheners that you have to clip to your AC vents and instead of the boring strawberry scents, using coffee beans? Get ready for a faster, slicker, more sexy car freshner you can make in about 3 minutes flat.

Once again, you need coffee beans and this time buy a clip on air freshner (about $2.50).


I actually used a workbench this time but it was not needed. The flathead screwdriver was also handy but not needed as I just had to use my fingers and pry the scent holder open.


Then fill the SOB up with coffee beans and snap the plastic holder back to its locked position.


See, it doesn't take an engineer to do this (even though I am one).


Then mount that bad boy on your AC vent and you are done. Mmmm, the smell of fresh coffee beans at 2AM will be nice on my drive in tomorrow.

Labels:

posted by aL, 11:59 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment