<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13148410\x26blogName\x3dYou+Look+Like+I+Need+a+Drink\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://chalkline.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://chalkline.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6309081622733023818', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

You Look Like I Need a Drink

**Not Quite Web 2.0**

Goodbye to Boston...

Sunday, July 17, 2005









I am back in DC. That sentence deserves no exclamation marks as it is hot and muggy here. However, with my family to greet me here, it makes it less unbearable to be stuck in the middle of a summer thunderstorm. Getting back to Cape Cod and Boston, here is a quick recap: I arrived at Logan airport in Boston on July 14th and after meeting my boy Mike, got lost in the city of Boston amongst the unmarked streets and industrial factories. We finally made it back to his parent's house in Cape Cod 4 and a half hours later. As it was still light out (7:30PM) we hopped on his boat and went fishing. With no luck, we ate a romantic dinner (bloody steak) and the went to go check out the bars. The bars were about as dismal as the ones in Southern Maryland. I won't even begin to go into detail there. July 15th I gathered some touristy things for the kid and wife (well technically not wife) and then went fishing again in the afternoon until I was sunburnt. Because my flight was for 5:50AM and it takes about 1 1/2 hours to get to the airport, we pulled an all nighter watching Wedding Crashers and then some Japanese flick called Ichi the Killer. I got on the plane back to DC tired, took a shuttle to the metro, rode the metro to the Suitland station where I got picked up and after that things are a sleepy haze. Here are a few pictures of my vacation.

~aL


A view from the porch






border="0" alt="" />







Labels:

posted by aL, 11:40 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment